teamgonzo.net Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Poll: 0.49 or 0.48?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    teamgonzo.net Forum Index » About TrueCombat:Elite View previous topic
View next topic
Poll: 0.49 or 0.48?

is the new version disappointing?
no, 0.49 is absolutly great!
31%
 31%  [ 6 ]
i`ll stay at 0.48 for the first, coz 0.49 is crap!
31%
 31%  [ 6 ]
i try to use both versions ;)
36%
 36%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 19

Rafty

Post Poll: 0.49 or 0.48? Reply with quote
last night i heard different opinions to the new version, so lets start a discussion about 0.49 Rolling Eyes Laughing Twisted Evil

for me it feels like playing an uncomplete game. some maps are a bit lagy sometimes i mean i`m gulliver in midgetland. and wtf happened with the nades? why widescreen?

but i have a better ping and in some parts it`s more realistic.

playing a match could be too difficult on that maps Wink

TT did a good job, without question, but that`s not the "full version" Crying or Very sad

i`ll use 0.48 and 0.49 Twisted Evil

Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:27 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Bonzo

Post Reply with quote
I agree about the nades and widescreen need a little more play yet to decide

Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:53 am View user's profile Send private message
yankees26

Post Reply with quote
I like the floating nades Laughing I've sort of have gotten used to the letterbox view, but I really hope that is fixed quickly. And once that is fixed I think the whole size thing won't be an issue.

I'll probably play .49 more, but I might play .48 every now and again.
Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:03 am View user's profile Send private message
OKlop

Post Reply with quote
still havent had the time to try it out...whats up with those "floating nades" as yankees called them? physics not as good as it should be or what?

Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:19 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Rafty

Post Reply with quote
throw a nade and it flys flys flys........... Laughing

played this morning at 6. the more i play it the more i like it Wink

Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:01 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
KillaMasta

Post Reply with quote
I am not for the .49 version, but I will play it to come in. The nades are unrealistic, I think I watch a movie and it is only a CounterStrike-Action game, nothing with fun and nothing with tactic.

But I have this two versions: First I will play only .49 to learn the movement... I hope they will fix the game again, but it will be after 3 month... or after 2 years? Evil or Very Mad Only n00bish guys who did this game in 2 or 3 month.

"One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." Uncle Bionic
Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:47 pm View user's profile Send private message
Major_Hoe

Post Hmm Reply with quote
Im 0.49 all the way.

Graphics are really nice. I like the widescreen view and it feals more realistic.
I think you guys just need to get used to it. Because the wait was to long and realease to much and it feal diffrent.

Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:12 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
yankees26

Post Reply with quote
I just discovered my love of how silenced sniper rifles don't announce their kills Very Happy
Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:13 pm View user's profile Send private message
test-dr

Post Reply with quote
where to start?
bugs/problems:

the linux-install searches for the enem-territory main-directory and has no way to enter the directory-path in the setup-screen. If it happens, it cannot be found - for example a a different path - one solution is to make a little "locate" script which tells the setup-routine the path to use. (the linux-install uses locate as the first try to get an answer where to search for enemy-territory)

during the game sometimes the key-control-settings get mangeled/destroyed. For example no way to crouch like before, always slow aim-mode but weapon is not aimed, settings like "always aim on" are suddenly turned on. ONly fix - close the game, restart and check the keyboard-settings.

changed map-design, reminds me about custom-maps like hells-kitchen, castle and so on. But the worst things are the walls, doors with a lug/edge without the normaly invisible wall to make the player not stuck at those points. There are too many in the maps, make the maps a real jump-crouch-move-parcour. For example the always terror-heavy snow-map, its no more possible for the first specop to rush the backside way to plant A. The little changes including the speed changes allow only the new way over the fence and through the house.

if a map/part gets to dark (special for the nightly maps) there is no way to identify players - specops/terror. That might be a new challenge, but for noobs its only a way to tk a lot.

Weapons make more damage, means less hits to kill - nades have larger destroy area. The more powerfull weapons (or is it the lack of body-armor?) make the gameplay more a sneak and camp gaming. To hear the enemy is more and more important. I dont wanna think about cheaters now - but this will make it easier for those.

I have seen several times the red cross on radar, marking where the bomb was planted. But it happend some times, there was no cross - like those hidden-bomb-plants on top of the plant-point.

What has not changed: i am shure i had the nade-block-bug one time (a combination of sprint and fire, where one cannot throw the nade or change the weapon for some time).

Weak computers will have more players blocking at map-start on spawn - the bigger maps(in size) need more time to load. A normal 3d graphics like nvida-6600 shows no significant drops in fps(1280x1024 letter-box with black top/bottom) but during the game the fps are more going down/up like before. That might be the point, why some call it lagging.

Nice points, the gfx is with a lot more details, lights and shadows make the maps more atmospheric. At the moment, most players were no campers - that made a fast gameplay - but i think this will not last.

Missing bind options for the vsay ... maybe there is a way...
No new weapons, except some sounds. The nade-throw is more like the enemy-territory gun-grenade-shoot .. more straight and more long range. Its easy to throw too far, or over buildings. The big size of the mod(over 400MB) could be a problem - maybe coroner chooses one day the way to reduce the number of maps in the base-game-paks and we get small base-paks and 3-5 seperate map-paks. And i cannot see why the release of this version was delayed so long.

For clan-wars ... we have to test the new maps .. future will show.

only testing .... --- damn, another uncovered bug
Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:33 pm View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Rafty

Post Reply with quote
yeah testy Exclamation

today i had that "get shot through a wall" and the "fire a clip without a damage" bug. and the servers where lagging like hell...
my ping seems too low, how to fix this Wink

i heard they`re working at the 16:9 problem Question Exclamation

Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:47 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Spliffy
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I have played on the new version for about 2 hours and I like what I see.

The lack of triangles make the game so much more realistic players need to think a lot more carefully about what their friends look like. It also means (and I did this) that you can rush into the middle of the enemy without shooting and sometimes they don't shoot back!.......lolololol. That is great fun.

Knives and MP40 are really nice. So is the SIG noise.

I can't help feeling a little like Alice in wonderland. My TCE world seems so small now!

The new version is not very noob friendly and I had the same problem as others where I was tked a lot (I also tked a few times at the beginning) This is normal though and it should happen less as peeps get used to the new gameplay.

I hate the nades with a passion. That part of the game is ruined for me even though the smoke effects are really nice.

I like all the new passageways on the old maps. They are now a lot faster with less choke points which ]FORCE[s players to work in small squads covering asses as well as sides.

I like CTF but I think the flags should be placed further away from the enemy spawn.

I think the game falls apart when the bomber gets killed and no one tries to pick it up again. The games can last forever when this happens.

Et Voila...

Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:49 pm View user's profile Send private message
yankees26

Post Reply with quote
Just as something to point out to test-dr, you can change the brightness in the view section of options and increase "Dynamic Eye". It changes the amount of HDR lighting.
Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:06 pm View user's profile Send private message
test-dr

Post Reply with quote
play both versions 48 and 49 on same computer:

i can only make it with two different installs - in linux this means 2 different users and complete install in their personal directorys for client and! server.

maybe you can do the same with windows, create a new user with an own area and install for him the old version(smaller size) again.

The reason why this problem, its brain-damaged to name the new version like the old one... .. .. who cares about the players ..

if you carefully have read the EULA at install, you might feel a bit of it .... crazy thing .. they install this EULA in the same directory like the Enemy-Territory-EULA .. and you can choose which one is the right now

i tried renaming the install directorys ... this works, but if you forget it .. or connect to the wrong server (omg ... thats another problem..!) the download of the old/new version starts ... so better keep duplicate installs with seperate users -- why those important people did not choose a different install path?

only testing .... --- damn, another uncovered bug
Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:08 pm View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Rafty

Post Reply with quote
not enough to rename the tce folders?

i can play both versions, coz i renamed the old "tcetest" folder to "tcetest048". than i installed 049 and got a new tcetest folder. to play 048 i rename the new folder to tcetest049 and the old folder back to tcetest. it works perfect.

the most thing i hate is this damn letterbox. grafic looks pressed in width... ugly.

BTW:
i installed 049 on dieters pIII 700, 392mb ram, gf fx 5200. it works with 45 fps on 800x600. but only after i edited the config file. i`ll post the complete "tce0.49-45fps-on-PIII-file" if needed Wink Exclamation

Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:12 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
FishFace

Post Reply with quote
Not had time to play much, but enjoyed what I have played. I feel like a noob when I keep tking my friends, but I'm actually quite enjoying the challenge of learning to do that properly. Hopefully I learn quickly enough to not make an ass of myself. The problems will come in smoke, in the dark, and when you're just coming out of flashed, when you can't see much but need to act quickly. I think, since it's a game, we will end up just shooting away, rather than waiting and checking Sad

The letterbox view is kind of annoying, but I don't think it's too bad. Easy to ignore when you're immersed in the new graphics, which are very nice considering the engine.

I've not quite got the hang of the wobbly ironsights, yet, but it's also a nice new challenge. I think it should go well with the lower recoil on silenced weapons, to even the accuracy out. Also, it looks like single and burstmode might be more important now - just a short while with the AK47 seemed to suggest that aiming with auto fire is quite tricky.

The new maproutes are proving difficult, but very fun, to learn. The "same but different" feel is good, and without a load of custom maps, I can get to learn them.

Overall, I think 0.49 is good. Not perfect by a long way, but most of my complaints are minor/fixable.

Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:16 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    teamgonzo.net Forum Index » About TrueCombat:Elite All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: